N26 Insurance: Protect What You Love
We all know that insurances are good. They protect our beloved stuff and make us feel safe. But, it’s true that most of us can’t be bothered to get one due to heavy paperwork, scary terminology, and long-term commitment. Here’s the good news: N26 has an insurance policy that eliminates all worry and makes our lives easier: N26 Insurance.
You can now easily sign-up through your mobile phone, with no paperwork, and get your electronics insured with N26 Insurance. Let us show you how.
What Is N26 Insurance
N26 has partnered with Simplesurance to connect its users with insurance providers. N26 Insurance is on-demand insurance that protects your things: Your laptop, smartphone, watch, and many more…It’s an insurance policy you can easily sign-up for through the N26 app. The good part is you don’t have to deal with paperwork, unlike most insurance policies. It’s simple, quick, and cheap. N26 insurance plans start from €4.76 per month and you can cancel anytime.
Electronics Insurance with N26
N26 Insurance protects your laptop, smartphone, tablet, and other electronics against theft, liquid damage, malfunctions, or accidental damage. You can directly sign-up for N26 insurance through the app on your phone.
How To Get N26 Electronics Insurance
Subscribing for N26 insurance for electronics is fairly simple. What you need to do is just to login to your N26 app and click on the “Insurance” banner in the “Explore” section. Then enter the details about your device and choose the payment option. You can opt for the monthly or yearly pricing option. Confirm your request as the last step. There you go! Your insurance policy will be active from the day after you’ve purchased it. You can cancel at any time through mobile or WebApp.
Signing up for N26 Insurance is easy either with a free standard bank account or a premium N26 plan.
Filing a Claim on N26 Insurance
Filing a claim is simple, too, and is done in the N26 app. Once you’ve made your claim, the app will direct you to Simplesurance’s online portal. You’ll be asked to login with your certificate number and PIN code, previously sent to you by N26.
Things to note on electronics insurance with N26:
- You’re eligible for a maximum of two claims every year.
- Make sure you read the Terms and Conditions document that is sent to you post-purchase so that you can avoid any misunderstandings.
- You can send an email to [email protected] for any information regarding your policy or claim.
Eligible Devices for Coverage
Your laptop, smartphone, tablet, or smartwatch are eligible to be covered with N26 Insurance. The condition is that the device was purchased in the last six months. You’ll also need to show that your device was working at the time of purchase. You’ll also be required to show proof of purchase.
Also note that if you purchase your device and wait for 14 days to sign up to N26 Insurance, you will need to wait four weeks to make a claim.
What Does N26 Insurance Cover
As most insurance policies do, N26 Insurance has some limits. Check the table below to see how it works.
What Is Insured
- operating errors
- dropping the device
- liquid damage (excluding damage or destruction caused by weather conditions);
- fire lightning explosion implosion overvoltage induction short-circuit vandalism theft forceful theft (burglary and robbery)
- forceful theft (burglary and robbery)
What Is Not Insured
- Cosmetic damages, including scratches, dirt and discolouration; Damage which occurs during any applicable waiting period
- Any claim where you’ve not kept the insured device in a good state of repair and take precautions to prevent damage;
- Damage caused as a result of a virus, or damage caused by the installation of software or apps, or any costs incurred during reinstallation;
- Any damage that is also covered by any warranty
- Loss of the insured device
- Screen burn-in or pixel errors
- Liquid damage caused by a weather event (e.g. rain, snow, etc.)
- Damage or malfunctions that can be rectified by cleaning the device or resetting the factory settings
- The policy deductible, as stated on your insurance certificate
How Much Does N26 Electronics Insurance Cost
N26 Electronics Insurance starts from €4.76 per month. Note that the exact pricing for the insurance depends on the original price of your device. If you wish to pay upfront for a year, you can get a seven percent discount. Regardless of your payment method, you can cancel anytime. If you’ve paid the annual fee, you’ll get a refund for the unused part of your policy.
What Else You Need To Know
As we’ve mentioned, N26 Insurance is available on the N26 app. If you can’t find it, make sure your app is updated. Also, note that N26 Insurance is currently available to N26 customers in some European countries, not the USA.
Have you ever used N26 Electronics Insurance or any other insurance policies? Let us know what you think of them. If you’re not familiar with N26 and its services, make sure you check out N26 Review for further reading.