Greece Digital Nomad Visa: All You Need To Know
Greece has everything we digital nomads need: a low cost of living, plenty of sunshine, delicious food, and plenty to see and do. Now, living in Greece is easier thanks to Greece Digital Nomad Visa scheme.
In this article, we’re going to cover how this visa works and how you can benefit. Let’s begin!
Table of Contents
Eligibility For Greece Digital Nomad Visa
Greece Digital Nomad Visa is available to non-EU digital nomads who want to live in Greece and keep working remotely.
You can apply for Greece Digital Nomad Visa if you’re:
- Self-employed, or
- An employee of a foreign company, based outside of Greece
Greece Digital Nomad Visa Requirements
As with other digital nomad visas, there are certain criteria that need to be addressed to get Greece Digital Nomad Visa. Here are the main requirements:
- You’re able to prove that you have sufficient income to cover your expenses during your stay in Greece. The minimum amount is net €3,500 per month and can be proved either by the employment contract or by bank statements.
- You/your dependents agree that you’re not going to provide any professional activity in Greece.
Note that the required income amount is for the main applicant only. If you’re going to add your spouse as a dependent, this amount is going to increase by 20 percent. If you have children, you’ll need to add another 15 percent.
Greece Digital Nomad Visa scheme allows you to add your family members under your application. The eligible family members are:
- Your spouse
- Your children, under the age of 18
Greece Digital Nomad Visa: How To Apply
If you want to apply for a Greece Digital Nomad Visa, you can do this through the Greek Consulate where you reside. The applications can be made physically or remotely (via email or letter).
Once you’ve made your application, you’re going to get a response in 10 days. If approved, you’re going to be issued with a Greece Digital Nomad Visa by the Greek Ministry of Migration and Asylum.
Validity of Greece Digital Nomad Visa
Greece Digital Nomad Visa is valid for one year. If you believe you’re still going to be eligible, you can apply for a Digital Nomad residence permit which is valid for two years. You need to make sure you apply for this before your digital nomad visa expires. Your family members are eligible for renewal/extension too.
The fee for Greece Digital Nomad Visa is €75 per applicant.
What Else You Need To Know About Greece Digital Nomad Visa
- If you and your eligible family members are already in Greece under a visa/residence permit scheme, you can apply for the Greece Digital Nomad Visa.
- You’re free to leave Greece during your digital nomad visa period, however, this period of absence shouldn’t exceed six months.
Alternatives To Greece Digital Nomad Visa
Greece Digital Nomad Visa is a great route to stay in Greece. However, if you’re looking for a long-term solution, you can also consider getting Greece Golden Visa. If you make a real estate investment of €250,000, you can be eligible for residency in Greece. Plus, you can keep your status without any stay requirements.
There you have it. We’ve given you the basics of Greece for Digital Nomads and how you can start your next journey in this beautiful country. Have you ever been to Greece? Have you ever thought of living there? Share your experience with us…Looking forward to hearing your insights…