Where To Buy International Visa Gift Cards
Last updated on September 2nd, 2021
Where To Buy International Visa Gift Cards
Visa gift cards are great! They are perfect to make your loved ones happy, without worrying if they’ll like the sweater, perfume, or book that you’ve bought for them as a gift. With a gift card, they can buy whatever they want. Win-win! However, it’s not that easy to find international gift cards. Sounds weird? We’ll explain.
When it comes to purchasing Visa gift cards, you’re only able to use them in the country in which you buy them. No stores in the United States sell international Visa gift cards. However, there are some loopholes.
Where Can You Buy International Visa Gift Cards?
As we’ve mentioned earlier, it’s only possible to use Visa gift cards at sellers that are based in which the country you’ve bought your gift card. This means that if you’ve bought your Visa gift card in the US, then it can only be used there.
However, you can still purchase gift cards from online or physical retailers such as Amazon, JCPenney, or Walmart for example.
Buying International Visa Gift Cards Online
Amazon or websites like GiftCards.com don’t sell internationally redeemable gift cards. However, some online retailers sell international gift cards, with some restrictions. Here is a list of online retailers that allow the sale of international Visa gift cards.
Rybbon offers international gift card services, however, they are only available to businesses and organizations exclusively. To create an account with Rybbon, you’ll have to use a work email address. Here are some details regarding Rybbon:
- They offer VISA gift cards in both USD and CAD. If you’re looking to get Mastercard gift cards then they also offer options in both EUR and GBP.
- They will provide you with the delivery of your gift card through email and digital wallet outlets.
- You can purchase gift cards by using a credit card, bank transfers, and even checks.
- They charge a 10% fee relative to the gift card’s value.
GiftCardStore exclusively offers Mastercard and VISA gift cards for delivery in New Zealand and Australia. You won’t be able to get these delivered to any other country. Here are some of the details regarding GiftCardStore and its policies:
- GiftCardStore offers VISA cards up to AUD 500.
- They will deliver your gift cards by postal service.
- You can pay for your gift cards through Mastercard, Visa, or American Express. However, all purchases are converted to Australian dollars, this is important as you’ll need to ensure that your card allows for foreign payments.
- You can purchase a card from outside of New Zealand or Australia, but you’ll need the delivery address of the card to be within those two countries. Plus, the card needs to be activated within three months.
- They charge 2.5% of the card amount as a processing fee and may also charge shipping fees based on what method of delivery you choose.
Alternative to Gift Cards: International Prepaid Debit Cards
As you can see international Visa gift cards come with restrictions. As an alternative, you can consider getting Visa Prepaid debit cars which are valid everywhere. They’re reloadable, can be used at ATMs, and are easily replaceable if you lose them. But, note that if you get a prepaid debit card for someone else, it’s going to be under your name, which isn’t very practical as a gift.
Visa Prepaid cards also charge a monthly fee and international transaction fees.
Still, we’ve put together a list of international Visa debit cards that might be useful for you.
- AAA MemberPay Visa Prepaid Card
- ACE Elite Visa Prepaid Debit Card
- BB&T MoneyAccount Prepaid Debit Card
- BBVA Compass ClearSpend Visa Prepaid Card
- Commerce Bank mySpending Card
- Green Dot Prepaid Visa Card
- Kroger REWARDS Prepaid Visa Card
- Money Network Prepaid Debit Card
- MOVO Digital Prepaid Visa Card
- MyVanilla Prepaid Visa Card
We have now listed some ways in which international Visa cards work and can be bought. Have you ever used a Visa gift card? Have you ever bought a gift card for someone else? Let us know about your experience…For more insights, you can also refer to our article on International Gift Cards.
Please also feel free to leave comments in our forum.